Ugrás a menühöz.Ugrás a keresődobozhoz.Ugrás a tartalomhoz.



 
432.68 KB
2008-03-31 15:11:26
 Miháld - Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve) - Hatvan, CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998.jpg
 

image/jpeg
Nyilvános Nyilvános
244
1345
Miháld


BASIC INFORMATION
Accessibility: The village of Miháld lies east of Nagykanizsa, in the valley of the Dola stream. There is good regular bus service to Miháld.
Municipality address:
8825 Miháld, Fő u. 2.
Phone: (93) 367-001, 367-007
Mayor: Mr. János Takács
Population: 944
Characteristics: The name Miháld derives from that of archangel St. Michael, the patron saint of the village. The area has been inhabited since ancient times. The first settlers in the 9th century were Germans and Slavs. Hungarians came in the 10th century. The first record mentioning the village, the foundation charter of the monastery in Almádi, dates from 1121. The village was destroyed by the Turks in 1532, to be repopulated more than 150 years later. Miháld has been part of Zala county since 1950. The population is decreasing.
Infrastructure:
Apartments with
water: 98%
phone: 40%
Paved roads: 100%
Garbage collection: organized.
Development plan to the year 2000: The renovation of the public buildings of the municipality.
Economy: Agriculture, once significant, has lost its importance. The main employers in the village are the local government, the Balaton Fish Co. and the culture house.
Unemployment: 100 persons.
Institutions: A library, a kindergarten, a primary school, a culture house and a sports field.
Sights: The mainstay of tourism is nature. The nearby fishing lake, the vineyards and the forests in the vicinity of Miháld attract lovers of nature. The church is a historic monument.

This text came from the following book:

Title: Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve)
Series: County handbooks of Hungary (Magyarország megyei kézikönyvei)
Chief editor: Hóbor József
Publisher: (Hatvan), CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998
ETO: 908.439.121(035) ; 050.8(439.121)
ISBN: 963-9089-18-2
Pages: 488-1040 p.
Remark: Closed on: 1998. márc. 31.